I suggest you ...

Error: We can't start this app because it isn't set up properly

The Office Store is currently experiencing issues affecting customers that make use of organizational IDs to sign in to PowerPoint. If you make use of an organizational ID you may receive an error message stating "APP ERROR: We can't start this app because it isn't set up properly" when you attempt to insert a quiz, simulation, etc... (any Office Add-in) into PowerPoint. They have identified the issue and are working to get this deployed to production.

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried the work around, but I don't see the HKCU folder you are referring to n my registry editor? I see HKEY_ folders with various titles, HKEY_CLASSSES_ROOT, HKEY_CURRENT USERS, etc. I looked in all the software folders in each of these menus and don't see any of the folders you have mentioned. Any ideas?

Yes, please let us know when it is fixed, I am missing my multiple choice quizzes. I am not technology savvy enough to follow those steps below.

• Kurt BerglundAdminKurt Berglund (Principal Engineer, Office Mix) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We've identified a workaround but it involves a bit of effort. You'll need to perform the actions listed below. Given it involves editing the registry you may want to back it up prior to making any changes to be safe. Doing the below resets your machine to a clean Office add-in state.

Quit all Office applications
    Use regedit.exe to remove:
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\WEF
    Or HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\WEF
    Delete the following folder:
    %localappdata%\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Wef
    Or %localappdata%\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Wef

We certainly are not happy with the steps involved with this fix and are working with the Office team to get this issue resolves as soon as possible. As well as to add this fix to their diagnostic tool.

This is such a bummer - as I was enjoying using the quiz features and now am unable to. I really hope they get on top of this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base