I suggest you ...

Export analytics

Would be handy to make SCORM compliant modules/courses using the Office Mixes which would be able to export analytics for student/learner tracking.

219 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

49 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Marty GoldsteinMarty Goldstein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jim, quick question, How do I (as the administration) manage and report out from all of the mixes within our Office 365 space. We are using OneNote for Classroom within our business. Modules are developed using Mix and student register through out sharepoint. HOWEVER, the actual student reporting of performance is tougher since the instructors are loading their own mixes. How do I "administrative" export their Mix analytics?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't get Office Mix LTI to work. It has been set up as suggested. Now the university's LMS, Moodle 2.9, does not allow me to use the external tool module to launch an Office Mix that has the permissions 'Organization' or 'Limited'. So, analytics from Mixes will not be recorded in the LMS. Isn't this the aim of using LTI? Personally, I believe Office Mix would be much more useful for teachers using an LMS if exporting analytics via LTI was possible. If the external tool module could allow for Mixes with permissions 'Limited', then grades from the Mix could be automatically returned to Moodle.

My temporary solution is to simply insert a link (URL) to the Mix in the LMS. Then, a teacher can see the analytics at the Office Mix site and download a report in Excel. It's not really efficient and scalable, but it solves the issue.

Are there any other suggestions? Any news on this topic?

I would love to be able to sort the analytics by last name to match my gradebook rather than by first name (within mix) to quickly jot down who watched right before class. Any plans to add this feature?

Is there any news about when Office Mix will support "LTI 2.0 Line-Item Outcomes"? This should be an important step towards sending grades from quizzes in Office Mix back to an LMS.

Sorry, you just blew our chances of embedding elearning culture in our organisation - was just about to recommend we deployed this add on instead of Captivate to enable more people to create content compliant with our LMS. But it needs SCORM. Organisation of about 12000 users. Bravo.

Not being able to export the interactive elements (quizzes etc.) totally destroys the idea of exporting SCORM packages. Did you ever consult a teacher when planning this?

I don't want to publish my videos to Azure because I put my eLearning and videos behind a login and require payment for people to buy the videos and eLearnings. I would like a SCORM file though so that I don't have to do so much massaging of the files to get them into my LMS and web solution.

Working with mix from a corporate perspective - I do staff training and development. Training content authors use .ppt to develop training, then I have to make into SCORM packages for our LMS.
    QUESTIONS:
    - I can't seem to find functionality to have the interactive elements of mix (quizzes, move forward slide on click, etc) successfully export to SCORM. All I get is a video; SUCH reduced functionality! Any way to do this?
    - Streaming through Azure seems like an unecessary middle step; my preference would be to just export to SCORM from the mix tab, and have a SCORM package - with all interactive elements - save to my desired file path... Is this is the works?
    - Lastly, there's a dearth of training materials on this besides a few MS sites that say "just click the 'export to SCORM' button and you're good to go!". Are there any other tutorials or support that demonstrate the specifics and options?

Many thanks. Looking forward to getting this process integrated into our training workflow.

Is anyone able to get LTI working with a LMS? Showings grades with quiz scores.

• ebrandtebrandt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has the grade pass back issue Mix's LTI integration with the Schoology LMS been fixed? I knew it was still an issue about a month ago. Thanks!

Really is no more useful than video export at the moment. It's the interactive elements that we need students to be able to complete/track progress for. With the interactive elements not working with the SCORM output, this would probably prevent us from using Office Mix. A shame as it has so much potential. :(

The potential of this tool is enormous as so many teachers are comfortable with PowerPoint already the learning curve is minimal. It is also something the Google Apps offer doesn't really do!

For educators though, the SCORM function does need to work with the popular LMSs (Moodle, BLackboard etc) which currently is not well enough developed. Like others here I can't get the interactive elements to work via SCORM in our Moodle. Shame :-(

When I test the SCORM export in SCORM Cloud and CourseSites, it strips out the interactive elements, which are exactly what you would want to track!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base